Can you remember my I Chow, I Shop, I Capture: Hong Kong posts? Well here goes another installment of my travel escapades- to my second home, Thailand this time. First up, their food. Thai Cuisine is known for its balance of sweet, sour and (extremely) spicy dishes. Here are some of my choice chows from The Land of Smiles!
- Pad Thai- stir-fried rice noodles that showcase the classic flavor of Thailand with a bounty of sweet vegetables, fresh lime juice, chili powder and roasted nuts
- Tom Yum Goong- good for the health due to its effective blend of herbs and spices, this is a popular soup in Thailand and around the world.
- Green Mango Salad- teasing tang and a mix of textures that will surely awaken your taste buds
- Mango and Sticky Rice- fresh mango slices plus sweet and sticky rice, smothered with coconut sauce
- Chicken Skin- crispy, deep-fried and dipped in vinegar = guilty, guilty pleasure
- Sugar Sweet Corn- shredded corn sprinkled with sugar, this is a personal favorite.
- Baby Coconut-cool and refreshing after a lengthy day of shopping, it’s just like a natural Gatorade.
- Durian Chips- especially tasty and somewhat addicting, serves as a good pasalubong too!
Are you hungry yet? Here are more food photographs from my latest spree to Bangkok, Thailand early on this month.